Friday, November 04, 2011

RIP VI Challenge Completed

Sadly the RIP VI challenge has finished for another year hosted here by Carl V. As always it's been a fun trip into the darkness. I read 5 books specifically for the challenge including revisiting a childhood favourite that has an inscription from my mum for my 8th birthday over 20 years ago. My list of books read is :


1. Blood Promise - Richelle Mead
2. Enthralled - Various
3. Graveminder - Melissa Marr
4. I Luv Halloween Ultimate Edition - Benjamin Roman & Keith Giffen
5. The Witches - Roald Dahl

I can honestly say I loved all of the books I read. Blood Promise is part of the Vampire Academy series which I got completely hooked on after Jehera gave me the first three and this instalment did not disappoint. Enthralled is a collection of urban fantasy stories by various different authors like Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong. The connection between them is they feature travel/journeys of some sort. Graveminder is a new direction for Melissa Marr. It tells the story of two people who discover they can speak to the dead and there is a pact within the town that they are now stuck in the middle of.

I Luv Halloween collects the three manga's from the series in one ultimate edition in full colour. It was pretty disturbing actually, very gruesome despite being aimed at younger teenagers. Enjoyable nonetheless. The Witches is one of my favourite Roald Dahl books, but it's been years since I last read it. It was like a trip back to my childhood and it was even better than I remembered.

If I had to pick a favourite it would be Graveminder, but it only just beat out The Witches. My least favourite was I Luv Halloween, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.

2 comments:

Alice Teh said...

Congratulations on the completion! Well done!

Kailana said...

It looks like you read a lot of great books! Congrats on finishing!