Sunday, October 23, 2011

Readathon - End of hour 24

The end of the readathon for another time. It's been a strange one for me this time around. I was so antisocial and while I read a couple of posts, I didn't comment on a single blog or do any of the mini challenges apart from the first and last meme's. I think it's due to feeling so rough with sinusitis again that made me just hole up by myself and read in between naps and cat cuddles. Hopefully next time I will be much more sociable and get more involved as that's one of the big draws to doing it with so many other people around the world.

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

All of them this time. It was a real battle to stay awake the entire time and I had a couple of naps and went to bed in the middle for about 5.5 hours.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Reading some colourful manga when I woke up was really good to get back into the swing of things. I also loved Graveminder by Melissa Marr which had a really great pace and kept me entertained.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No I think it's all pretty sorted now it's been going for a good while.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I'm not the best person to ask as I was so antisocial. It was nice to have some positive comments though :)

5. How many books did you read?
I finished 4 books and read part of a 5th. One of the books was three books in one so not sure if it really counts as 6 completed.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Graveminder - Melissa Marr
Tooth and Claw - Jo Walton
I Luv Halloween Ultimate Edition (3 books in 1) - Benjamin Romin & Keith Giffen
Sweet Talkin' Demon - Laura J Burns (Charmed)
Part of The Last Sacrifice - Richelle Mead

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Definitely Graveminder. Great story, cool characters and one of my favourite authors at the moment. I hope there are more in this series soon and it wasn't a one off.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Sweet Talkin' Demon I think. It wasn't bad, just not a great story. It was short though and an easy read which helped in the early hours of this morning.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
N/A

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Always up for taking part as a reader again.

2 comments:

Marg said...

I will be interested to hear what you thought of Tooth and Claw. I read that book a while ago and really liked it!

Kailana said...

I am glad you enjoyed Graveminder. I want to read that at some point. I also want to read Tooth and Claw one of these day because I enjoyed Among Others by her.