Saturday, October 22, 2011

Let the Readathon begin!



1)Where are you reading from today?

My house just outside London, England surrounded my my four cats.

2)Three random facts about me…
- I will be wearing fluffy purple penguin PJs for the readathon
- My natural hair colour is blond although you would never guess if you met me...
- To annoy my husband I have started collecting anything with unicorns on them

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I Have a whole stash of books next to me (9 total) which includes two I am halfway through and a couple of manga for the early hours of tomorrow morning.

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
This year no. I have been horribly sick all week so will not be doing many updates or keeping track of so much. I thought I would try and relax a bit more this time and just where my reading takes me without the pressure to reach a page or book count.

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Lots of mini breaks and graphic novels/manga are your best friends when you start getting tired. The visual style is great for the early hours.

7 comments:

quirky girls said...

I'm sorry you have been ill all week. I hope you enjoy your reading and are able to relax. I will be starting Graveminder soon after I finish picking up. Happy reading! :)

Vasilly said...

Get well soon! That sucks that you're sick while the read-a-thon is going on.

Louise said...

Sorry you've not been well, but there's nothing better than a good read to make you feel better.

Glad to be cheering someone in the same part of the world as me.

Staci said...

At some point you need to post a pic of those pjs!!! Have fun and enjoy your day!

Team Golden Grahams Cheerleader-Staci

Alexa said...

I hope you feel better soon! And yes, do enjoy your reading today. Happy reading!

Nymeth said...

Good luck and have fun! Sorry to hear you've been sick :\ I hope you feel better soon!

Pammy pam said...

yes it sucks being sick during the readathon but celebrate what youve accomplished!!