Thursday, September 01, 2011

RIP VI Challenge







It's finally here, RIP VI Challenge hosted by Carl V at Stainless Steel Droppings (full details here). A time to read books that fall under any or all of the following categories :



Mystery

Suspense

Thriller

Dark Fantasy

Gothic

Horror

Supernatural



There are a number of options for those taking part in the challenge (cleverly titled Perils) and I am opting for at least Peril the First. This means reading 4 books that fit into the genres above. Depending on time I may also add the Short Story and Film Perils as well.





Usually I have at least a rough idea of a pool of books, but this year I have so many things to read I don't know where to start. I am hoping to do the Readethon in October and read the same book as my friend and fellow blogger Jehara and we plan on reading Graveminder by Melissa Marr which will be for this challenge. Beyond that I have so much to choose from!



One thing I still plan on doing is mixing up the types of book I read. I try and cover fiction, graphic novel and manga formats to mix things up so expect me to stick with that idea again this year. All I know is I can't wait to get started. September 1st to October 31st is one of my favourite times of the year.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


9 comments:

DesLily said...

well whatever you read i'm sure it will make for good reviews!! (thusly my wish list grows!)

Chrisbookarama said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll find some great books.

Carl V. said...

Graveminder looks and sounds like a really good book. Not sure if I'll get a chance to fit it in this year. There are always sooo many books to read. Which is a good problem but one I still wish I could solve! :)

Super to have you joining in again this year. Hope whatever you choose to read turns out to be even better than you hoped.

Kailana said...

I hope whatever you choice you enjoy!

DesLily said...

btw: i loved the book Godmother too!!

GeraniumCat said...

I always forget that I mean to read more graphic novels, and this is such a good opportunity to add one to my list. Thanks for the reminder that there's more to RIP than just prose!

Amanda said...

Can't wait to see what you read! I love love this challenge!!!

Rhinoa said...

Thanks guys, I have started my first book already (The Dead-Tossed Waters by Carrie Ryan).

Deslily - I can't wait to read more by her. Godmother was so very good.

jehara said...

Yay!!! I LOVE this challenge!