Thursday, February 03, 2011

Green Witch - Alice Hoffman

Rating : 5.0/5
Number of Pages : 135
Series : #2 Green
Format : Teenage Fiction, Fairy Tale
Reason for Reading : 11 11 Challenge

Green returns and the story continues from where Green Angel left off. Green is still making paper and is collecting the stories of the surviving townspeople on paper that seems appropriate. She is looking for her lost love as well as Heather who also went missing and she goes to seek those five women labelled as witches who may be able to help her. These include the water witch and the sky witch. She finds they have a lot of wisdom to share and she comes a step closer to those she seeks at each turn. We learn more about what happened to the town and why and uncover more secrets along the way.

This is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read, even more so than the first book. It's short, but reads like poetry despite being written as prose. I would love to get a copy of this as an audiobook as it sounds wonderful when read out loud. I will definitely be revisiting Green and her world in both tales again soon and I can't praise this highly enough.

Series :

1. Green Angel
2. Green Witch

6 comments:

Chris said...

I totally agree with you...I just fell in love with this book so much. Even better than Green Angel.

mariel said...

I think I'm going to need to reread Green Angel first. Its been a while!

Kailana said...

I have to get my library to buy this for me...

Susan said...

I'm going to have to get this one! I haven't read either yet. If you loved it, like Chris, I might as well accept that I will too! lol

Ladytink_534 said...

It's been years since I read it but I loved her Practical Magic and I've always meant to read something else by her. She has such a beautiful way of writing.

samantha.1020 said...

I've only read one book by this author but I did enjoy it. I really need to read more by her and this sounds like something I would enjoy. Great review!