Tuesday, April 06, 2010


Rating : 3.0/5
Number of Pages : 224
Series : #Twilight Graphic Novel Series
Format : Teenage Fiction, Vampire, Graphic Novel
Reason for Reading : Once Upon a Time IV Challenge

Another Twilight re-telling this time in graphic novel format. It sticks pretty closely to the prose of the twilight novel and goes up to about the half way point. It's the artwork that sets it apart though by Young Kim. I love her interpretation of the artwork and that she didn't base it on the actors from the films. Her attention to detail really struck me and the different look gave the story a new life. It is very much her creation for me rather than Meyer's (although Meyer had approval of every page).

I hope they do more of the story as well as the rest of the series and the artwork continues to be as beautiful and moving.


3 comments:

Andi said...

Glad to see that you liked this one since I had my doubts! Very glad the movie wasn't a big influence on the artwork.

jehara said...

The artwork looks really pretty. I may have to check this one out.

Marg said...

I just requested this the other day, just for the fun of reading it after have read the books.