Friday, April 09, 2010

Read-A-Thon

This years read-a-thon starts tomorrow in honour of Dewey. Full details are at the dedicated site here. The Read-a-thon starts tomorrow April 10th at 5am Pacific (1pm GMT). The timings page is a little confusing as it says the UK starts at 1pm but as we are British Summer Time we are GMT+1. I will go by the timings page though and being at1pm unless someone else tells me different!

I have a couple of books in my pile to read :

Ella Enchanted - Gail Carson Levine (which I am reading first at the same time as Jehera)
Dead as a Doornail - Charlaine Harris
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

I also have a selection of graphic novels and manga for when my attention is not so great.

I haven't yet had a chance to amass any snacks, but will try anc stock up in the morning before I get settled into reading. If you haven't signed up yet make sure you do today!

5 comments:

Ronnica said...

I love GN for the Read-a-thon...great way to seem like you're reading more than you are.

Trillian said...

Have a fab readathon! I'm just trying to get organised lol!

Felicia S. said...

Good Luck! Go Team Woodsworth! What a great selection you have there---Happy Reading!

softdrink said...

Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
May all the books appeal.
May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

Good luck today!

jehara said...

I can't wait for you to read Nick and Norah. I think you will love it. I read it a couple of months ago and had so many thoughts and impressions. Didn't get around to reviewing it though. I may have to re-read it soon. It was really fun and refreshing. Loved the character of Nick. He is so funny!
Okay, I will stop gushing now. :)