Saturday, April 17, 2010


Rating : 3.0/5
Number of Pages : 183
Format : Teenage Fiction Novel
Reason for Reading : 10 10 10 Challenge

Nick has recently been dumped by his girlfriend Triss, the love of his life. What he didn't know was she had been cheating on him with many different guys. Norah on the other hand broke up with her boyfriend when he went to work on a kibbutz. He always called her frigid and made her feel like crap. They meet one night in a club after Nick's band has finished playing and when Triss shows up they pretend to be together to get her to leave them alone. They have instant chemsitry and begin an adventure around Manhattan.

Norha's ex boyfriend shows up, Nick's band mates get in the way and can either of them either really get past Triss. They both have their own baggage, but a journey though music and the city eventually opens their eyes. tMy problem with this was that it went on too long. The story finished about 50 pages before the end of the book, but it kept dragging on and on and on some more. The language was pretty bad and it was quite explicit in places so it may offend some people and not recommended for younger teens, but it sounded quite authentic to me personally.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry it felt too long for you. I really liked this book except for the part where Norah starts stupidly wondering if Nick's gay for stereotypical reasons...

Kailana said...

I watched the movie and it surprised me how much I liked it, but I haven't decided if I am going to read the book or not

Alice Teh said...

Hi Rhinoa! I've read NO KISS LIST and loved it. I definitely want to read this. :D

jehara said...

I really liked this. I thought it was fun and easy read. I really liked the way the writing evoked the feeling of music. I read this at a time that I really needed something breezy and fun. I agree with you that the tone was authentic.

Darla D said...

I enjoyed this one a lot, too, but I haven't seen the movie yet. I wanted it to fade a bit in my memory so I wouldn't get annoyed at the film for not being like the book in my imagination. I had no problem with the length, though - I liked the characters so much!