Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hello I am back and am excited to be signing up for the new Once Upon a Time Challenge IV hosted by Carl V at Stainless Steel Droppings. It began on Sunday, March 21st and ends June 20th so I have missed the first week sadly. There are as usual a number of options and I am going for Quest the Second which involves reading 5 books across the genres of fantasy, fairy tale, folklore and mythology.


I am hoping to read a number of different formats of books for the challenge and my prospective pool will be taken from :

Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr (fairy tale)
Twilight the Graphic Novel (fantasy)
Heart's Blood - Juliet Marillier (fantasy/fairy tale)
The Tarot Cafe - Sang Sun Park (manga, fantasy)
The Legend of Sigurd and GudrĂșn - jRR Tolkien (mythology)
I Am Mordred - Nancy Springer (mythology)
The Shadow Dragon - James A Owen (fantasy)
The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan (fairy tale)
Forest Born - Shannon Hale (fairy tale/fantasy)


Highly subject to change!

5 comments:

Nymeth said...

Welcome back! :D That book of Orkney folk tales sounds so awesome.

DesLily said...

welcome back, though how you can be happy about being back after a trip like that is beyond me! lol

and of course welcome to OUaT !!

Alice Teh said...

Ooooh... I love the list of books you've selected for the challenge. I have a couple of them. Good luck!

jehara said...

welcome back! I signed up for this one too.

Kailana said...

Glad you are joining in again! :)