Friday, January 01, 2010

Reading Challenges in 2010

So I am signing up for some new challenges in 2010 and some I have signed up for are continuing into the year.



I am hosting the Manga Challenge again in 2010 and this time on it's own blog here : http://mangachallenge.blogspot.com/ The goal again is to read a minimum of 6 mangas throughout 2010 and for bonus points watch 3 episodes or 3 anime films.

The graphic novels challenge is up and running again at the same blog here : http://graphicnovelschallenge.blogspot.com/ this time run by Nymeth and Chris. There are different levels and I am going for Expert which is read 10+ (I'm aiming for 12 at the moment).

10 10 10 Challenge on LibraryThing

Rules and sign ups are on librarything here : http://www.librarything.com/groups/1010challenge The idea is to pick 10 categories and pick how many books you will read for each. I have gone for a step approach which means :

1 book : My Friend Says (recommendation)
2 books : Mind, Body, Spirit
3 books : Tickle My Fancy (Erotic Fiction)
4 books : We've Been Waiting So Long (Anything on my TBR pile for more than 3 years)
5 books : The Tube (books linked to tv shows)
6 books : When I Wish Upon a Star (Fairy Tale Related)
7 books : Eh, Aboot (Canadian Authors)
8 books : 1, 2, 3, 4, Can I Have a Little More (books in a series)
9 books : Too Young to Know Better (Young Adult)
10 books : Just Because

The Vampire Series Challenge is run over at Miz B's Blog here : http://readerchallenges.wordpress.com/vampire-series/ Again there are different levels to sign up for and as I am an avid reader of vampire books I am going for Level Three Vampire Enthusiast. It means reading 6 books from any series featuring vampires as key/main characters. They can be from the same series or you can mix and match.

Challenges continuing from 2009 are :

Sookie Stackhouse Challenge (finishes 30/6/10)
LJ Smith Challenge (finishes 31/8/10)
Challenge with Nymeth (extended into 2010)
Challenge with Mariel (extended into 2010)
Arthurian Challenge II (finishes 31/3/10)

I am also reserving spaces in my reading for the Once Upon a Time Challenge and RIP Challenge which I hope will run again in 2010.

4 comments:

Alice Teh said...

Hi Rhinoa! I'm so participating again in the Manga Challenge! Thanks for hosting this again. :D

Nymeth said...

Welcome to the GN challenge, and good luck with all of them :D

Ladytink_534 said...

Oh I may have to sign up for the Vampire series challenge though there aren't many vampire series that I haven't at least read one of...

Good luck!

Rhinoa said...

Alice - So glad you are signing up again, looking forward to your reviews.

Nymeth - Thanks I'm looking forward to it.

Tink - I hope you do sign up. You can carry on a series you are currently reading which is what I will be doing.