Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rating : 4.0/5
Number of Pages : 253
Series : #5 Aurora Teagarden Series
Format : Cozy Mystery
Reason for Reading : 10 10 10 Challenge, Mystery Read-A-Thon

Roe (Aurora) returns as another body turns up on her doorstep. This time they are literally falling from the sky as a body is dumped out of a plane landing at the feet of Roe. Turns out it is none other than Jack Burns, a local detective who has always had a mistrust of Roe.

Roe's natural curiosity leads her to follow her instincts as strange occurances being. Someone she knows is badly beaten, another is stabbed and Roe stuggles to find the connections, the why and the who. Her friend and bodyguard Angel is possibly connected and is acting rather strangely. She is usually so healthy, but lately she has been sick and dizzy, unable to keep up with her exercise. Roe doesn't know much about her past, or her husband Selby, and begins to wonder. Plus her husband Martin is barely around. He is working harder than usual and away on business leaving Roe to wonder if working through their problems was a mistake.

Some of the books in this series have been a bit hit and miss. I am glad to say this one was a hit. It blended mystery with character development and kept you guessing at every turn. Lots of little incidental details and lots of possibile storylines for future books in the series. Roe is definitely back on form.

5 comments:

samantha.1020 said...

Every time that I read one of your reviews of this series it makes me want to pick them up. I REALLY need to request the 1st book from the library. Glad to hear that you are still enjoying this series!

Rhinoa said...

Samantha - I hope you do give them a go. Just ignore book 2, it was really dull!

Alice Teh said...

I'm going to focus on the Sookie Stackhouse one first and when I'm done with the series, I might give this one a go. Thanks for the review!

Darla D said...

I have got to move on with this series before I forget what's going on. I'm crazy to read so many series at one time! Glad this one was a hit.

Ladytink_534 said...

I'm glad you're enjoying these! I read them for the first time a couple of years ago and while Roe is no Sookie, I still liked them.