Friday, October 16, 2009

Read-A-Thon Pile

So the Read-A-Thon starts next Saturay for me at 1pm as I am in the UK. My husband has been instructed to leave me alone (he is buying Brutal Legends, a new computer game he has been waiting to be released for months today so I am sure he will have plenty to do). The cats and kittens on the other hand may cause come problems with distractions and wanting attention but we shall see. I have some ideas for what I want to read (at least the categories anyway).

- 1 novel for RIP Challenge
- 1 manga for the RIP Challenge
- at least 1 graphic novel (probably Hatter M v2 : Mad with the World by Frank Beddor)
- 1 book for the What's in a Name Challenge (I need a time of day and a body part so possibly Rises the Night by Colleen Gleason)

This should keep me occupied for most of the time but if I run out I may just read some more manga or graphic novels as they are really good when you are tired. I don't think I will be posting updated every hour this time around as I would like to focus on my reading and I think there will be enough distractions here anyway.

Good luck to everyone participating, I hope you all have a great time and get lots of excellent reading done!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I thought it was next weekend...on the 24th? Or are you just doing it early?

Amanda said...

Okay, I totally want to scratch that comment because it's stupid. Somehow I missed the "next" in front of Saturday in that post (I'm up way too early), and thought you were saying it started tomorrow...nevermind me.

classicvasilly said...

It's perfect that your husband has something to keep him busy with. Good luck on the read-a-thon and happy reading.

Vasilly

Nymeth said...

I was going to say the same as Amanda, but I see there's no need :P Manga and Graphic Novels are definitely perfect for the Read-a-thon. And yes, kitties are always distracting, but you should be able to do lots of reading anyway!

Kailana said...

Good luck getting through those!

Beth F said...

I didn't know Beddor had GNs out. Hummmm. I have a mix of YA, GNs and light adult fiction.

~Jennifer~ said...

This is a good idea. I should pick out a couple of books that I have to read and a couple I really want to read to keep me motivated. Good luck!

Andi said...

Love your plans! I have a big mix of YA, graphic novels, and essays. All of them keep me feeling accomplished which is a must!

Dana said...

I'm still deciding. Hope you enjoy your day reading!

Ronnica said...

Happy Read-a-thoning...this is my first time and I'm excited!