Friday, October 30, 2009


Rating : 3.5/5
Number of Pages : 112
Series : Prequel to Mercy Thompson Series
Format : Urban Fantasy Graphic Novel
Reason for Reading : RIP IV Challenge, I love the Mercy Thompson books

Let's take a step back into the world of Mercy Thompson. This graphic novel sets the scene for the rest of the novels as it is a prequel and tells of Mercy first coming to Washington. Mercy is a walker, a magical being who can shapeshift into a coyote. She travels to Washington for a job interview to work in a school. The interview doesn't turn out quite as planned and she somehow manages to get involved in a gang war between two rival packs of werewolves.

Her mother is also posing a problem as she thinks Mercy is ruining her life and she is determined to sort Mercy out once and for all. We see how she meets Zee, Stefan and Adam for the first time. We also see how she first begins working at the garage which Zee later sells to her. There is also an interview with Briggs at the end which was really interesting as well as some character sketches.

I liked the style after I got used to it. There was quite a lot of nudity which Briggs felt apprioriate for Mercy changing shape. I have put in a couple of pictures of the strips to give you an idea of the artwork. The story was interesting and I hope Briggs decides to do some more graphic novels to expand on the existing novels.


2 comments:

Kailana said...

YOU GOT THIS! I can't seem to find it anywhere!!!!

Ladytink_534 said...

I wish I could find a copy of this!