Friday, September 25, 2009

Hosted over at Not Enough Books the challenge was to read at least 1 cozy mystery book per month between 1/4/09 - 30/9/09. I had not read very many mysteries before (I think one or two) and it is definitely a genre I will be reading more of in the future. The books I read (with links to the reviews) are below.

1. A Blush with Death - India Ink
2. Glossed and Found - India Ink
3. Real Murders - Charlaine Harris
4. A Bone to Pick - Charlaine Harris
5. Three Bedrooms, One Corpse - Charlaine Harris
6. The Julius House - Charlaine Harris

I loved Real Murders, a great start to the series. Sadly the second book A Bone to Pick was pretty rubbish. The rest of the series has been much more in line with the first book luckily and I hope to finish them hopefully next year.

8 comments:

Hazra said...

You've been on a Charlaine Harris spree! I read the first Sookie Stackhouse mystery and enjoyed it, so I'll look out for more of her books.

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations on completing this challenge! I'm afraid I ended up dropping out of this and several other challenges earlier this month.

Kailana said...

Congrats on finishing!

booktumbling said...

I have not read many mystery genre books either. I have found some gret reviews and ideas so I am trying to expand my horizons. Nice reviews by the way and Congrats!

Alice Teh said...

Congratulations on the completion!

jehara said...

i haven't read any mysteries in a long long time. i shall have to check out harris's mysteries as i enjoyed the sookie books. sounds like it was a fun challenge.

jehara said...

i haven't read any mysteries in a long long time. i shall have to check out harris's mysteries as i enjoyed the sookie books. sounds like it was a fun challenge.

Kris said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge!
yeah yeah..I know I'm late checking my blogs. haha! It looks like you had some good ones on your list.