Friday, August 14, 2009

Randomness

Today has been a great day and I just wanted to share my excitement. I live in the UK and have wanted to go to New Zealand for a long time now. I finally booked the time off and booked our flights. We are going in March 2010 for 4 weeks with 3 nights in Sydney and 2 nights in Hong Kong on the return. We will be hiring a campervan and bumming around NZ for 20 days so if anyone has been, lives there or has any recommendations please let me know :)

This year is also my *cough*30th*cough* birthday on September 11th. It's going to be a great birthday this year. On 10th I am seeing Tori Amos (again). The 11th will be spent doing a "hawk walk" where me and my husband will be handling and flying owls, hawks and falcons. The following day we are flying to Orkney to say in a cottage for a week. It's another place I have wanted to visit for a long time as it has the largest number of standing stones and Neolithic sites of interest in Northern Europe. Again if anyone has been please let me know any travel ideas etc.

To top off my birthday celebrations me and Mariel are having a joint Medieval Banquet at the beginning of October in a listed Medieval building near where she lives with a hog roast (plus veggie options). We are making it costume compulsory and I will post pictures afterwards. How exciting is all this!!!!!

17 comments:

Kailana said...

Great stuff! I haven't been to any of those places, but I look forward to hearing all about it!

Marg said...

Today sounds as though it has been a good day all round!

I have spent a little time in the South Island of New Zealand but would love to go back again and to spend some time in the North Island as well.

Hazra said...

WOW! That is so awesome. Look forward to hearing all about your Medieval Banquet in the weeks to come.

DesLily said...

OMG! New Zeland! How I'd love to "accidently on purpose" get stuffed into one of your suitcases and go along! (while there maybe you will run into Carl Urban (Dr McCoy/ ST) if so.. take more pics of him than of the gorgeous other scenery you will encounter!.. oh envy! (I think they kept the Hobbit village up for tourists)

Amanda said...

Ooh, have fun! Your trip sounds so exciting.

Nymeth said...

Oh wow, so exciting! Both New Zealand and the Orkney Islands. You'll have a great time for sure :D

Clare said...

Wow congrats on your trip I have a friend who moved to NZ 3 years ago and she loves it, would love to go myself one day.

Darla D said...

Congratulations! Your trip sounds amazing. I hope you'll keep us posted with photos and a travelogue. :-)

And your birthday plans sound awesome. Have a wonderful birthday!

Debi said...

OMGosh, Rhinoa, what a fantastic pile of things to look forward to!!! I'm so happy for you...you deserve it! Now, if I can just find a way to stow away on that trip to NZ...

Maree said...

Hey
Nymeth tweeted me about your trip. I live there. Bottom of the South Island, specifically.
Um
Email me at
maree_jane30@hotmail.com and I'll help you if I can :)

mariel said...

This is getting spooky! I'm having a day of falconry in a couple of weeks! Not sure I'll make it to New Zealand next year, we'll have to see, but I'm so excited for both of you! Watch out Hobbiton, here come the Gwoxes! xx

Alice Teh said...

What super cool random post! I'm so excited for you.

I'm celebrating my 32nd birthday *cough* next month *cough* LOL!

jehara said...

wow, that is an awesome day!!!! your travel plans sound super exciting. your medieval banquet sounds amazing too. i wish i lived in the UK. i look forward to all the pictures.

Melody said...

My husband and I visited NZ during our honeymoon and it's a beautiful place! :D You must visit Mount Cook (you guys will have to take a helicopter ride); when we visited it was winter so it was a great experience for us since we've summer all year round!

Your birthday plan sounds great too!! :)

Stephanie said...

Wow. I would give just about anything for 20 days in New Zealand! It's such a beautiful country! I can't wait to see all the pictures.

Especially the medieval birthday. How cool is that?

Carl V. said...

That is so great, I'm so happy for you. As a HUGE LOTR fan, NZ is at the top of my list for places I'd love to visit. I hope you take lots of pics and share them with us so we can live through you vicariously.

Kim L said...

Man you got a lot going on! That's absolutely awesome! I would LOVE New Zealand, it seems like so much fun. Have fun with all of your big plans :-)