Sunday, August 09, 2009

Mystery Read-A-Thon #4

I am all read out! I finished both books I set out to read and am going to get an early night after a very busy weekend. To wrap up here are my answers to the meme set out by Caribousmom (Wendy) here:

1. Give us some stats: How many hours did you read? How many pages? How many books?
I read for 12 hours on Sunday. I did a stint from 9am - 3:30pm and then from 5pm to 10:30pm.
I read 2 books and a total of 657 pages.

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse - Charlaine Harris (231 pages)
Grave Peril - Jim Butcher (426 pages)

2.What did you enjoy MOST about the event?
Reading a genre that I don't know too much about (I have now read 9 mysteries in total!). I hope to look back over peoples reviews and get some more recommendations too.

3. Do you have suggestions to make this event better?
I think just more promotion so more people join in. I didn't help by not advertising it on my blog at all so if there is another one I will definitely be more pro active and hopefully come up with some prizes too.

4. Would you participate in another Mystery Read-A-Thon?
Yes most definitely. Mysteries are new to me and I am definitely enjoying them.

5. Did you read a book for this event that you particularly liked and would recommend to other readers?
Actually both books I read were great. They were both book 3 in a series but would both work as stand alone novels without having read the first two.

7 comments:

Kailana said...

You should read the Maisie Dobbs series. It's the only really historical mystery series I will read.

jehara said...

oh, please do advertise next time. i missed out on this last time because i didn't know about it until i read your wrapup posts. it sounds like a lot of fun. :)

gautami tripathy said...

I too think I ought to have helped promoting it. More participants are definitely needed!

Here is my wrap post!

Nymeth said...

I missed out on it too, but I'd love to join next time. I'm glad you all had fun!

Kristen M. said...

Wow! 12 hours in one day is amazing! I didn't even hit the goal in two days. I also have a kid, though, which means I have a huge distraction. I am glad that you are finding your way through mysteries! It's really a genre where there is something for everyone. There are ones that I don't like and ones that I will read if there is nothing else and then there are the ones I love. Good luck on finding the right ones for you!

Wendy said...

Woo hoo, Rhinoa, you won the Secret Scroll!!! Email me at caribousmom (at) gmail (dot) com with your snail mail :)

Alice Teh said...

I hope to participate next time. I've enjoyed reading the last few posts on this. :D