Monday, August 10, 2009

LJ Smith Reading Challenge

Yes I know another challenge! This one should be lots of fun continuing in my love for all things vampire hosted by Amy. So on to the details:

Phase 1. The first phase will be reading the Vampire Diaries. This phase will last for a year, and then we will move onto another series. Have you already read the Vampire Diaries? No problem! Reread them!

The challenge begins on 1st Septemer 2009 and ends 31st August 2010. It should conincide with the new TV show of the Vampire Diaries being shown on CW in America. Every Friday, after the Vampire Diaries has aired, Amy will post a recap. If enough people express interest in doing the same, Amy will add a Mister Linky to those posts as well so we can all read each other's opinions and theories. I don't have CW being based in the UK, but I may try and find the episodes online which I don't like doing.

There may be prizes throughout the year who knows. There is a button making contest to go with the challenge. See the full details here.

I am really excited about this one as the lovely Jehera got me the first omnibus a little while back and I have been waiting for a great excuse to read these. The series is as follows :

1. The Awakening
2. The Struggle
3. The Fury
4. Dark Reunion
And the ongoing story in
The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Nightfall

3 comments:

Alice Teh said...

Have fun with the challenge! :D

jehara said...

l.j. smith was one of my favorite authors as a teenager. i think i have read almost everything she has written. i re-read the first two of the vampire diaries last year but haven't picked up the remaining ones. and they are making a tv show now? i had no idea. thanks for posting about this challenge. i am off to sign up now. :)

Rhinoa said...

Alice - Thanks!

Jehara - I am really glad you saw this post as I was hoping you would sign up too. I'm really looking forward to reading her books, thanks again for getting me the first one.