Monday, August 24, 2009

The Good : I got nominated for the Book Blogger Award for graphic novels! I have no idea who put me forward but thank you so much, I really do appreciate it. It is hosted by My Friend Amy and I am sure she will put up all the information soon. The only problem is I didn't send through my links quick enough because of...

The Bad : On Thursday night I was involved in a nasty car crash on a motorway up in Scotland. I was the only one injured I think. I stopped narrowly missing a 3 car pile up right in front of me and then looked in my rear view mirror to see the car behind come steaming towards me. It hit me as I was stationary resulting in whip lash. I spent most of Friday getting X-Rayed etc at the hospital so it is all confirmed and I am just alternating between heat and resting. I am just glad I am pretty much ok and that I was able to make my flight home that evening (luckily it was delayed or I would have missed it) to meet my husband and get cuddles. To treat myself I got myself two presents...

The Beautiful : Aww look at our new family members. Eris is the girl at the top with the slight ginger patch between her eyes. She is very timid but is just starting to come out of her shell. The one at the bottom with the beautiful markings is Loki and he is adorable. Very friendly and playful, my hands are covered in teeth anc scratch marks as he learns to fight. They both purr as soon as you pick them up (providing you can catch Eris of course!) and Loki is defintely going to live up to his name. Eris will work on hers but hopefully she won't be quite as chaotic and destructive as her name suggests. I am sure you will be seeing a lot more pictures of them in the future.




18 comments:

Marg said...

Whiplash can be painful, but I am glad to hear that there was no worse injuries!

Cute kitties to help console you!

Nymeth said...

So sorry to hear about the accident! I'm glad you're okay, though, and...

KITTIES! KITTIES! LOVELY NEW KITTIES :D They're beautiful :D We expect regular pictures as they grow up :P How did Morgaine and Merlin react?

Congratulations on the BBAW nomination!

Hazra said...

Congrats on the BBAW nomination!
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you recover fully soon. And with such cute cats for company, I'm sure you will.

Amanda said...

Ouch, I'm so sorry about the accident. I hope the effects won't last too long.

heather (errantdreams) said...

Oh my goodness!

Congrats on the nomination, soooo sorry to hear about the accident (feel better soon!) and OMG those are gorgeous kitties! *squeee*

DesLily said...

sorry to hear about the accident! I hope you heal quickly and there are no residual after effects.

awww, cute babies you got!! Having lived with 10 cats at one point I can say that they grow up too fast !! I wish they could stay kitten a bit longer!

Robin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident and grateful that you weren't more seriously injured! Whiplash is bad enough, and quite miserable, I know. Having those beautiful little kitties will help. Take care.

Amanda said...

That is so scary! I'm so glad you are ok! And your kittens are so cute!

jessi said...

Congratulations on your nomination, and I'm terribly sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you're okay (relatively speaking, I suppose - I know how painful whiplash can be!) and that you have some adorable new kitties to cuddle. :)

valentina said...

Kittens!!! they're so cute! I'm jealous.
Congrats on the nomination:D

Melody said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. I'm glad you're ok!

The kitties are adorable!!

jehara said...

the kitties are too cute!
congratulations on your nomination, that's awesome!

mariel said...

Congrats on the nomination. Glad you are feeling better, and I can't wait to meet the new family!

Kailana said...

So sorry to hear about the accident! I am glad you are okay. The new kittens are very good, though. :)

Iliana said...

Oh that's terrible about your accident! I'm sorry about the whiplash but hopefully with rest you'll recover soon. Good for you for getting yourself some presents!

And, of course congrats on the BBAW nomination. That's wonderful!

libritouches said...

Eep! I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm really glad to hear that you're okay, though! (Whiplash not withstanding.)

And kitties! They look adorable! *sends many, many good, healing thoughts Rhinoa's way*

Alice Teh said...

I'm so glad you're OK!

The kitties are so adorable! Look at them... Hello...

Congratulations on the nomination! I was nominated for Most Eclectic Taste... :)

Darla D said...

I'm so glad you are okay! Sorry you were hurt, though. It sounds so scary. And you picked the perfect cure for everything, didn't you?! The babies are soooo sweet! Please keep posting pictures. So, so, cute. I hope you are feeling better soon. :-)