Thursday, August 13, 2009

Booking Through Thursday


Recent Worst

What’s the worst book you’ve read recently?
(I figure it’s easier than asking your all-time worst, because, well, it’s recent!)

Recently it would have to be "A Bone to Pick" by Charlaine Harris, book two of the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries. The first book in the series was so good and the second was so bland. It felt like a real filler with very little focus on the main plot. It was more about Roe and the skull was brushed under the carpet (quite literally!). I have since read the third in the series which was back on form and hopefully it won't be a case of every other book is worth reading.

Above we have Merlin again sitting in my new bookcase while I was finishing it off and adding the shelves. I think he thought he was helping bless ^_^

9 comments:

iwriteinbooks said...

I think it's hard fr me to read books in series because of that. I feel like I'm always disappointed by at least one of the books.

anthonynorth said...

It's a bit annoying when that happens in a series.

You'll find mine here.

gautami tripathy said...

That reminds me, I read Best Intentions by Emily Listfield lastweek and didn't understand why was all that hype about it? The mystery starts late and it was predictable too.

Booking through recent worst
Kill Word Verification

Jess said...

I am not really a fan of the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries, I like Harris's Harper Connelly series better.

lilly said...

I have yet to read any of Harris's books so I don't have an opinion yet but I do get how disappointing it can be when book 1 is sooo good and book 2 falls flat.

http://lilly-readingextravaganza.blogspot.com/2009/08/btt-recently-worst.html

Susan B. Evans said...

Usually it book 1 that's not so great, and then the series gets better as you go along. That stinks!

I chose The Reader by Bernhard Schlink as my most recent BAD read. You can check out my thoughts here.

Btw, I LOVE your cat's name :)

Nymeth said...

Aww, look at Merlin :D My least favourite book this year was The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, but thankfully other than that I have enjoy what I've been reading.

Melody said...

I've heard from a few readers that Charlaine's Aurora Teagarden Mysteries is a blah as compared to her Sookie Stackhouse's. I think I'd have to give the former a miss.

Yay about the new bookcase! Merlin sure looks comfy sitting there! :D

Alice Teh said...

I only have Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris...