Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Iron Fairies 1 & 2

Rating : 3.0/5
Number of Pages :
Series : #1 & 2 Iron Fairies
Format : Fairy Tale, Journal
Reason for Reading : 999 Challenge, recommenation from Mariel

Presented as a story and the journal of one of the miners who makes iron fairies, these are beautiful books with iron covers. Based on the orignal story and illustrations by Ashley Sutton. Set in the 1900s a group if children came across 3 rusted books in the garden that told the story of an old cottage in Western Australia. Underneath the cottage are hidden tunnels of grumpy old men who make iron fairies representing parts of the garden above them.

Sometimes though the ore isn't in the right concentration and a blue fairy is made. These are mischevious and naughty and they try to get the miners to make more of them. Throughout the books are clues that reveal a key for an online game which I haven't figured out yet. The third book is currently awaiting release and I will defintely be getting a copy when it comes out.

The Iron Fairies can be found here and you can get the iron fairies as well as the books themselves. These would make a great gift and feel one of a kind and special. Ideal for anyone who likes their books to look and feel special.

4 comments:

Kailana said...

That's pretty cool! I wouldn't mind buying them for myself... lol

Chris said...

I've been wanting these books ever since you first posted about them awhile back...at least I think it was you!

mariel said...

Glad you liked them! I still want to get my paws on a little chloe fairy. So cute!

Nymeth said...

This sounds so lovely. I've been coveting them ever since Mariel mentioned them!