Thursday, July 16, 2009

Booking Through Thursday


Follow-up to last week’s question from Booking Through Thursday:
Do you keep all your unread books together, like books in a waiting room? Or are they scattered throughout your shelves, mingling like party-goers waiting for the host to come along?

It's been ages since I have been home to do one of these questions and it's good to be back. I don't keep my TBR books together. I have a number of different shelves and I organise my books by genre at the moment and then by series (but not yet alphabetically, that is to anal even for me! Although I do for my dvds and computer games...). I have pulled out my challenge books for the most part for this year and have them stacked by month I hope to read them. It's pretty flexible though as I like to give myself room to change my mind. I have so many TBR books that they would need their own sets of shelves and it would be way too depressing to see all the books I own and have not yet read all stacked together.

The cat in the bathroom sink is Merlin. He usually prefers lying in the bath but this time he managed to get comfortable in the sink.

10 comments:

Shari said...

that cat is gorgeous. Amazing how cats can look so sophisticated sitting in the weirdest places!

gautami tripathy said...

I too think the cat looks gorgeous. Lucky cat! Lucky you!

TBR: mixed reactions?

thekoolaidmom said...

Sending my cat love, too :-) They can pretty much look good anywhere, anytime ;-)

Melody said...

I think sorting them by genres/series is a great idea!

Merlin looks comfy sitting in the sink. :D

Alice Teh said...

Hello Rhinoa! Hello Merlin! :D

Chris said...

It's fantastic to see Merlin again :) Hope you and him are both doing well!

Literary Feline said...

One advantage to having a TBR room is that I can keep the door shut and do not have to look inside if I do not want to. ;-)

I love the photo!

DesLily said...

awww, love Merlin!

I keep series together "except" for the tbr books they are all separate and get put by the series as I read them

naida said...

hello Merlin!
I try to keep my TBR's seperate, but that doesnt always work out.

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Nymeth said...

Like everyone else said, it's great to see Merlin again :D Now we need Morgaine :P I don't keep my TBRs together either...it would indeed be depressing.