Thursday, July 16, 2009


Rating : 3.5/5
Number of Pages : 32
Format : Poem for Children
Reason for Reading : Dream King Challenge

A poem written by Neil Gaiman illustrated by Charles Vess. This was originally written for Tori Amos' daughter Tash and Neil eventually published it which I am very glad about. It follows a much loved baby who grows into a woman, travelling the world and its wonders. It is the wishes a parent may have for their daughter and the daughers wishes as well.

These are some of my favourite of Vess's illustrations and it was such a beautiful poem. If we do decide to have children and one is a daughter I can definitely see myself reading them this poem before bed. Such a beautiful gift.

3 comments:

Kailana said...

I read this a month ago or so and thought it was very well-done! I haven't reviewed it yet, but that is nothing new...

Alice Teh said...

I love the cover! I'm sure the illustrations must be very pretty inside. :)

Nymeth said...

Some of my favourite Vess illustrations too! *hugs book*