Saturday, June 20, 2009


I signed up for Quest the First throughout 21/3/09 - 20/6/09. The review site is here with links to all the reviews (well it did when Mr Linky was working) and the main post was here. Quest the First involved reading 5 books covering at least one of the following mythology, fantasy, fairy tale and folklore. I read the following for the challenge with links to my reviews:

1. The Good Fairies of New York - Martin Millar (Fairy Tale, Fantasy)
2. The Indigo King - James A Owen (Fantasy, Mythology)
3. Castle Waiting - Linda Medley (Fairy Tale)
4. I am Morgan Le Fey - Nancy Springer (Mythology)
5. The Prague Golem: Jewish Stories of the Ghetto (Folklore)

I enjoyed all five reads, especially The Indigo King by James A Owen which is part of one of my current favourite series. I can't wait for next years challenge to roll around again...!

8 comments:

Debi said...

Congratulations, Rhinoa! The only one of those I've read is Castle Waiting, which I positively adored, but I think I'd like to read each and every one of them. I know I at least want to go read all your reviews. :)

DesLily said...

congrats Rhinoa on finishing the challenge!!.. I too love James A Owens books! I am anxiously awaiting the next of the series to be released in October!

Alice Teh said...

Congratulations on the completion! I've enjoyed the Martin Millar one :)

Kailana said...

Congrats on finishing! I have to write my wrap-up post soon. :) I love fantasy. Several of those I have on my TBR list.

Nymeth said...

I can't believe it's over already! It went by so fast this year. Congratulations on finishing!

Cath said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! I really must read something by Martin Millar.

Kim L said...

Nice job on the challenge! I am woefully behind and have not done a wrap up post... (hangs head in shame). I remember really liking I am Morgan Le Fey. A very unique book!

3M said...

Congrats -- I haven't heard of any of these! Carl's challenges are so much fun.