Sunday, June 07, 2009

Mystery Read-A-thon

So today is the mystery read-a-thon where you need to read mystery books for 12 hours starting whenever you like. I began at 9am this morning and have been reading for just over 2 hours now in the UK. I am pretty new to mysteries so am looking forward to the next 9.5 hours. I am currently reading Real Murders by Charlaine Harris and am really enjoying finally reading my first novel by her.

There is an introduction meme below:

What books do you want to read during this read-a-thon?
I am aiming for:
Real Murders - Charlaine Harris
Fool Moon - Jim Butcher

How many books do you hope to finish?
I hope to finish both. If I do I will check my shelves and pick out a third.

What (if any) breaks do you intend to take?
I will break in a couple of hours for lunch but don't have anything else planned.

Do you generally read lots of mysteries and thrillers or are the one of the many genres you like?
As I said above it is a new genre to me having only read one Jim Butcher paranormal mystery and three by India Ink (Jasmine Galenorn) from her Bath and Body series.

What are some of your favorite authors?
Well India Ink (Yasmine Galenorn) and Jim Butcher being the only mystery authors I have read but outside mystery books Anne Bishop, Anne Rice, Nick Hornby, Patricia Briggs, Margaret Atwood, Peter S Beagle and Ali Smith.

If you could make us all read one mystery or thriller for this read-a-thon, which one would it be and why?
I don't know really as I haven't really read a lot. The Bath and Body series was good, but the middle book was a little weak of the three. I haven't read enough of the Dresden Files yet to comment, but I did enjoy Strom Front.

Do you prefer series or stand alones?
Generally speaking I am a series fan.

3 comments:

Nymeth said...

Good luck with the challenge! I don't know much about mystery either, but I did enjoy the few books I've read.

Cath said...

Hope you're doing well! I'd have done this one myself but sadly didn't have time today.

Have you reviewed Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop on your blog, Rhinoa? I've just finished it and am looking for other reiviews... I had a feeling I saw it on your blog somewhere.

Kathrin said...

Thanks for participating :-)
I have the first of the Dresden books on Mt. TBR, so I'll be curious about your review.