Sunday, June 07, 2009

Mystery Read-A-Thon #3

The end of the read-a-thon is here. I managed to finish the two books I set myself:

Real Murders - Charlaine Harris
Fool Moon - Jim Butcher

I really liked both of them and am glad I picked them as although they are both mysteries, they are very different types of reads. I can't pick a favourite and will definitely be reading more by both authors in the near future. I had great fun doing this and hope there are more themed read-a-thons in the future.

Did you finish a book?
2

If so, what did you finish?
See above

How many pages did you read?
681 in the end which is ok but not great. I had a few cat distractions when they wanted my attention ^_^

How did the reading go for you?
It was good, I got the two books read that I wanted to and I was lucky that my husband was out at work for most of the day.

Did you have any major disruptions?
Nothing major, I stopped for lunch and cat attention giving but did the 12 hours straight through.

Would you join in for another read-a-thon later this year?
Yes of course, I really enjoy doing them if I am free.

What else do you think about the read-a-thon?
It would be good to do other themed read-a-thons for other genres for 12 hours. It was a good period to read for and didn't leave me too drained today.

5 comments:

Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings said...

Well done and congratulations on finishing!

Wendy said...

You did GREAT! I have a little more to go to reach my 12 hours :)

Alice Teh said...

I enjoyed reading your journalling of the Mystery Read-A-Thon. Well done!

Kathrin said...

Congrats on finishing! I think you did a great job :-)

I totally understand the cat distractions - one of mine can't stand seeing anyone reading when it means he doesn't get any attention LOL

Ladytink_534 said...

I've read all of the Aurora Teagarden books and enjoyed them quite a lot but I felt like the last book could have easily been a sequel to the first one. Well, without a whole bunch of backstory but still...

Hope you do enjoy them though since they are pretty good. Not as good as the ones she writes now but still worth a read.