Sunday, June 07, 2009

Mystery Read-A-Thon #2

So I have been reading for about 4 hours now and just finished my first book: Real Murders by Charlaine Harris. It was really gripping and the ending was not what I expected in a good way! I will definitely be reading more in the series (Aurora Teagarden). I am about to have a break for some lunch and will then start Fool Moon by Jim Butcher which I am really looking forward to.

There is another meme for the challenge as well:

Tell us more about your mystery/thriller reading habit.
When did you start reading this genre?
Last year I read the first in the Bath and Body series by India Ink (Yasmine Galenorn) for a reading challenge (A-Z Reading Chellenge, I needed an author beginning with I). I also read Storm Front by Jim Butcher (from the Dresden Files) last year for the First in a Series Challenge.

What was your first experience with the genre?
I liked my first reads (see above) and then decided to give the Cozy Mystery Challenge a go as it's always good to try a new genre and have sinece read the other two Bath and Body books.

How did you discover it?
I started with India Ink as I have read some of Yasmine's non-fiction books. I had also watched The Dresden Files on dvd and loved it. I am still gutted that it was cancelled after the first series.

Do you exclusively read mysteries and thrillers or do you mix it with other genres?
No I read other genres more than mystery books.

If you switch genres, which other genres do you read?
Mostly fantasy, urban fantasy and teenage fiction although I do mix in random fiction, classics and very occassionally non fiction as well. I love mythology and fairy tale re-tellings and have read a lot of these over the last few years.

1 comments:

Kathrin said...

Great answers, Rhinoa!
I like your first mystery series. I read the Bath and Body series as well and I have the first Dresden Files on Mt. TBR.