Sunday, May 31, 2009

GLBT Reading Challenge

I know I said no more challenges, but this one looks really interesting and I don't read too much GLBT (gay, lesbian, bi and transgender) books. Hosted by The Zen Leaf you can sign up here. The aim is simple, read 6 GLBT themed books or by GLBT authors between 1st July and 31st December 2009.

I am going to leave my list quite open, but I recently got some Sarah Waters books which I will read for this challenge hopefully. Other than that I am not yet sure what I will read but sure I can find something. I still need to read some more of Oscar Wilde's fairy tales so maybe that as well.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay, thanks for signing up! :)

Cath said...

The Nightrunner series by Lynn Flewelling would suit this challenge. Thoroughly enjoyable fantasy with m/m romance. As Meat Loves Salt by Maria McCann is quite a hard hitting historical with a gay pairing too, civil war setting - very, very good. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters you know about... can't think of any more off the top of my head but am sure there are plenty more. Oh yes... The Birthday of the World by Ursula K. le Guin is short stories about sexuality and might well qualify too.

Alice Teh said...

Happy reading!

P/S: I kept getting "Operation aborted" message on IE, so I decided to visit using Mozilla Firefox. I had the same problem with my blog too. It's mind boggling.

Rhinoa said...

Amanda - Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

Cath - Thanks for the recommendations. I will also be looking at reading some of the Angel Sanctuary manga's which has homosexual angels which should be good.

Alice - Thanks for letting me know!

Nymeth said...

Yes, read some Sarah Waters :D I'll definitely be reading her for the challenge. And ooh, I like the sound of Angel Sanctuary!