Friday, May 01, 2009

So today I was going to post a review of the wonderful Partical Magic by Alice Hoffman and sum up April, but I'm too sad to do it. Both of my cats are at the vets today having dental operations. Their teeth have rotted despite being only 8 years old and they are having most of them taken out. I know they will be more comfortable, but the house is quiet and rubbish without them. They are house cats and although they do stay with their Granny Mary (my mother-on-law) at Christmas they aren't away from me for too long. As I left them today they cried and so did I. Silly I know as I will get them back later *fingers crossed*

So anyway, I thought I would share some photos of them that I took a couple of days ago when I was working (or trying to) from home.

So yes this is me in my slouching around the house jumper with Morgaine on my lap. What you can't see yet is I was trying to work at the same time. My work phone is on the sofa next to me and on my lap is my work laptop. Morgaine decided that wasn't important and came over and tried to push it off!

This is a photo looking down on her showing the keyboard of my laptop.

And this is me still trying to work so she pulled out all the cute stops by rolling around onto her back and exposing her white tummy for tickling.

As you can see soon after I gave up and gave her my full attention. When she wants something she had better get it! I miss her so much today, she is my little shadow who always sleeps on top of me (yes literally on top of me) and can't let me go to the bathroom in peace.

Just in case my beautiful Merlin was feeling left out I took this picture of him curled up in the bath. I think he likes it as it is a little bit cooler in the warm weather we are having lately. He is normally very hard to photograph as he is so dark he just looks like a black blob with two massive eyes. Here as he is against a light background he shows up really well bless.


Come home soon moggies ^_^

13 comments:

DesLily said...

awww i am sorry they had this problem but just like humans they will be happiers when it's over. One of the cats still here at the house is 19 and only has 1 tooth in her mouth.. she eats just fine! but it feels funny when she give a love bite.. she gums you lol

funny... i just watched the movie Practical Magic the other day on television!

Amanda said...

Oh I'd miss them too. I hate when our dogs are in the kennel when we go on trips. Although they love it since they get to be outside and bark at all the other dogs. Love your pictures and can't wait for the Practical Magic post! :)

Chris said...

Oh hugs Rhinoa!! They'll be home before you know it and cuddling with you again. They are so adorable :)

sharonanne said...

Awh how cute! I have a black cat who loves the tub and doesn't photograph very well either. She also likes to climb on my laptop but, only when I'm using it!

Nymeth said...

Aww, poor kitties. The same happened to my Dia. She was only seven when she had most of her teeth removed. I hope they're back safe and sound by now!

valentina said...

I'm so jealous of your cats and of the warm weather there!me still shivering at home:(
I hope they'll be much better when they will be back!

Ladytink_534 said...

Lol, looks like she knows how to get attention! Hope they come home happy soon! Your Merlin looks a bit like my kitty except bigger :)

Cath said...

I hope they're home by now and all is well. Lovely photos!

Alice Teh said...

I'm sorry to hear the kitties are not well... I hope they'll be feeling better and be with you again soon.

Your two kitties look gorgeous!

Susan said...

Oh, poor kitties! I hope they're home soon with you and you can all cuddle :-D My cat still has her teeth (she's 11) but has a strange sore on her cheek that I'm trying to ignore since I dread anything happening to her. It's amazing how easily our pets can make us cry, isn't it?

here's a hug until your cats come home,
Susan

Melody said...

I love your pics, Rhinoa!
I'm sorry about the kitties' problem and I hope they'll be back home soon! They're so adorable!

Stephanie said...

Oh....I hope you kitties are home and doing better now!

libritouches said...

I think I need to learn to flip my reading around. So this is why your kitties were away a while. Poor things! I'm glad to know they're safely home now, though!