Saturday, May 30, 2009


Rating : 4.5/5
Number of Pages : 292
Series : #4 Mercy Thompson Series
Format : Urban Fantasy Novel
Reason for Reading : 999 Challenge, to continue with the series

Vampires, werewolves and ghosts oh my! Mercy is back after the events of Iron Kissed and is slowly coming to terms with what happened to her. She is trying to build a relationship with Adam, the local werewolf Alpha whilst still loving her ex who is also a werewolf, Samuel. Complicating matters is the vampire Queen Marsilia who uses Stefan to get her attention. Someone has told her that Mercy killed one of her favourite vampires and Marsilia marks Mercy to all supernaturals as one to destroy.

What happened to her made the newspapers and an old college friend shows up out of the blue asking Mercy to come to her house to get rid of a ghost. She has a son who is being haunted and her husband does not believe either of them. Mercy leaves taking Stefan as a protector to see if she can do anything despite not being able to exorcise it. There is only one vampire where they are headed (the Monster) who allows no others on his territory. Mercy realises she really doesn't want to attract his attention as is he a vampire that scares even other vampires!

Another great addition to the series. This is still my favourite urban fantasy series around at the moment. Mercy is a truely likable character with many human failings despite being a supernatural being herself. I also really like the fey who pop up in this novel again too. I am really looking forward to the enxt installment.

5 comments:

Elena said...

You're not the only one. It's one of my favs too.

The next one is due out at the end of August, so, I guess it's not that long a wait.

Kailana said...

I consider this my favourite, too! I am looking forward to the next book. :)

Darla D said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this one, too. I love your cover! This is such an excellent series. I want more!

Alice Teh said...

This is another one that I would like to read!

Ladytink_534 said...

I just love this series! The next book in the spin-off series is coming out soon too :)