Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Back but away with work

Hello all, I just wanted to post quickly to say I am back from holiday in Somerset where we had a fantastic time. I have lots of photos but haven't had a chance to upload them from my camera yet. We went to Glastonbury and climbed the Tor (pictured below) as well as visiting some new places like Wookey Hole and the White Horse at Westbury I think it was (will check my camera soon).

I am away in Newcastle this week for work, back Friday evening traffic permitting so I am not around too much. I am away for the next few weeks after that as well to Wales and Scotland. I am very behind on my book reviews. I need to review:

Return to Labyrinth v3 - Jake T Forbes & Chris Lie
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
Njal's Saga
Bone Crossed - Patricia Briggs

I didn't bring them away with me and I am so tired I need to go home and get my notes together before I can put my thoughts together. I am currently reading Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire which is unsurprisingly a re-telling of Snow White which I am really enjoying. Hopefully I will have it finished by the time I get home.

The question of the moment is whether to go to the MCM Manga Expo in London this weekend. I will be tired and am due to watch Twilight with my friend in the evening, but I have been away and not spent much time with my husband Alex. Decisions decisions...

3 comments:

Nymeth said...

*waves* It's good to hear from you! Looking forward to your reviews, especially of The Book Thief.

I was going to ask you if Paper Towns arrived, but since you've been away from home you probably don't know.

As for Manga Expo, I'd be tempted to say "go, go!", but I know how things can be so much less enjoyable if you're tired and just want to stay home. And there's Alex and the kitties, of course.

Kailana said...

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a good weekend! I look forward to your reviews!

jehara said...

i look forward to reading your thoughts on the book thief and mirror, mirror. i'm glad you had a good holiday. :)