Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-A-Thon : Hour One


Books read : 0
Pages Read : 60, Total 60
Time Spent Reading : 55 mins
Currently Reading : The Good Fairies of New York - Martin Miller and loving it

Introduction Meme:

Where are you reading from today?
Mostly my sofa in my pjs with a bright pink blanket and currently Morgaine my cat

3 facts about me …
1. I try and stay in my PJs when home as much as possible rather than bother getting dressed
2. I love cheese and will happily eat a big block of cheddar with a packet of wotsits or walkers cheese and onion crisps
3. This September I turn 29 and 12 months old and it is a little freaky...

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I have 3 that I really want to read and then a pile of possibles to pick form depending on my mood

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Just my 3 minimum books

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
I did the read-a-thon lat time for the first time and found that in the middle in the early hours of the morning it helped a lot reading graphic novels. The pictures and smaller amount of text really helped me refocus and keep reading.

11 comments:

Nymeth said...

So glad you're loving it!

I always stay in PJs at home too. Why bother? :P

libritouches said...

1. I try and stay in my PJs when home as much as possible rather than bother getting dressedThank you! (and you, Nymeth!) I do this too and my parents think I'm horridly weird, so I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone.

Also, cat!

Maree said...

Reading with cats is nice. Although, I usually have no choice.
Good luck!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the advice. I'm a first-timer. I have a graphic novel in my pile, maybe I'll save it for the end!

Chris said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you're enjoying Good Fairies!! It just gets better and better..

Jodie said...

Good Fairies is a classic. I have jogging bottoms for home instead of pjs because I live in the UK with drauhty windows.

Good luck today!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♔ jessica.marie said...

I also am a firm believer in sweatpants and a hoodie over actually clothes.... However the boyfriend does not tend to agree ;)



Good luck with your goals!

Jenn & The Cats of Castle Coull said...

"I try and stay in my PJs when home as much as possible rather than bother getting dressed"

Me too!

jehara said...

i read my graphic novels first. now i'm wishing i had saved them for later!

Bybee said...

Every now and then I declare a pajama day.

I miss real cheese. Hard to find here.