Sunday, April 19, 2009



So the read-a-thon is now over. I dozed off a few times by accidet, but made it on through to the end woo! Here are my final stats:

Books read : 7
Pages Read : 214, Total 1843
Time Spent Reading : 40 mins, Total 1085 mins

End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
There were four that I found really difficult, hours 16-19. During this time I fell asleep for about 2 hours on and off accidentally and found it very difficult to focus on what I was reading.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Castle Waiting and The Good Fairies of New York were both great and highly entertaining.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope it was a lot of fun! Oh hopefully next year I will get my husband to join in with me.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The cheerleaders were great this time around and there were some fun mini challenges. I really enjoyed the colour challenge ordering blocks of colour according to their hue.

5. How many books did you read?
7 in total in the end with a little time to spare to update some bits of my blog afterwards.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
- The Good Fairies of New York : Martin Millar
- The Indigo King : James A Owen
- Castle Waiting : Linda Medley
- Dingo : Charles de Lint
- Dream Angus - Alexander McCall Smith
- Princess Ai Encoutners : Various
- Vassalord v2 : Nanae Chrono

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Hmm possibly The Indigo King as I adore the series but The Good Fairies was also a lot of fun. Honestly there was nothing I read though that I didn't like a lot.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I loved them all, but as always Vassalord is the most random!

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't but keep up the great work guys :)

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Yes I would love to participate again as a reader.

13 comments:

jehara said...

i dozed off for a bit too during hour 22 and 23 but i made it for hour 24. just barely!
good job on your reading stats. you got a lot of reading done!
well off to bed now. ;)

Eva said...

Congrats!!! You're awesome!

Blodeuedd said...

Congrats!! :)
You did great

3M said...

Over 1800 pages is amazing!! Great job!

Maree said...

Well done; seven books is great going!

tanabata said...

You did great! Congrats on a successful read-a-thon!

jessi said...

Great job! Glad you enjoyed all your books. :)

Kailana said...

That's awesome that you made it until the end and read so many great books!

Nymeth said...

You did great! I'm glad you enjoyed all your books! I hope to count you in again next time :)

Beth F said...

Fun!!!

Kim L said...

Wow, you got so many books read in that amount of time! I don't blame you for falling asleep... I was out by 2am my time. I know your timezone required you to miss more sleep that mine did, so very nicely done :-)

Anna said...

I only made it to midnight my time. Then I woke up 2.5 hours before it ended to finish my book. I think you did a great job!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

thatsthebook said...

7 books, way to go! There were lots of great events going on during the read-a-thon. Some great books you've read there.