Sunday, April 19, 2009


Books read : 4
Pages Read : 60, Total 1291
Time Spent Reading : 45 mins, Total 895 mins
Currently Reading : Dream Angus - Alexander McCall Smith

I finished Dingo which I did enjoy, but was not my favourite Charles de Lint novel. I think it is the first of his I have read where the narrator is male. Next I have just picked up Dream Angus which is a retelling of Angus, a figure from Scottish and Irish Celtic Mythology. It isn't a tale I know so it will be interesting to give it a try. It is part of the Canon Gate Myth Series which I have really enjoyed so far.

Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge: Honouring Dewey

I was so shocked and saddened to hear Dewey had passed away. I had had an email from her not long before the news came out to set up my secret santa. This is my second read-a-thon and I thoroughly enjoyed the first one I did. I loved her site and her posts, she did wonders for the community often instigating great projects and I am so happy to see them continuing. My favourite challenge she ran was The Graphic Novel Challenge which inspired my current Manga Challenge. It's about pushing the boundaries and trying new things, something she was great at promoting. I hope her legacy to all book bloggers (and knitters!) long continues.

5 comments:

Nymeth said...

She was one of a kind for sure. I miss her.

I hope you enjoy Dream Angus! It's one of my favourites in the series so far. I just loved the writing.

Maree said...

I think her legacy is lasting. It does make for a bittersweet readathon.

Kailana said...

It's awesome that Dewey will live on for a long time, huh? You are doing great, you know! I can hardly type and people are still reading!

Blodeuedd said...

So sad that I never got to know her, but she sure lives on in our memory

Eva said...

I think her legacy will definitely continue.

My laptop wasn't working at the time, so I hadn't been on the internet for a couple of days after her husband's message went up. And I found out sitting in my school library...just didn't know what to do...