Sunday, April 19, 2009


Books read : 2
Pages Read : 285, Total 881
Time Spent Reading : 110 mins, Total 620 mins
Currently Reading : Castle Waiting - Linda Medley

I finished The Indigo King and adored it. Now I am reading a graphic novel, Castle Waiting by Linda Medley and finding it hard to put down...

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
Castle Waiting - Linda Medley

2. How many books have you read so far?
2 and am half way through my third

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I don't know as I haven't decided yet what to read after this one, it depends how tired I am to be honest as here it's now 2:05am

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Yes I cancelled dinner today with my mother-in-law and told my best friend Mariel I would speak to her on Monday instead of today. I also told my mum not to call me over the weekend!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Mariel called and I asked her to call back Monday. She was very understanding and didn't take it personally luckily as she is a blogger as well :)

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How tired I have been in the last 2 hours, I feel like such a light weight.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Hmm not really although I am hoping to get my husband to participate along with me so we can cheer each other on.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Nothing so far, but ask me again at the end!

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes, I was fine until about 2 hours ago. I think it was having dinner that did it...

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
If you get tired read a graphic novel or manga :)

8 comments:

Linda said...

Good job. 2 down!

Lightheaded said...

Three books! Yay! And you're also updating blogs! I think I forgot about updating once I started listening to my selected audiobooks :)

Amanda said...

Castle Waiting? Haven't heard of that one. I'm going to have to check it out!

Kim L said...

Graphic novel... that's what I need right now. I'm getting a bit tired!

Kailana said...

Castle Waiting is great, huh? Now if they would just put the sequel out!

saveophelia said...

Dinner followed by coffee! or ice-cream. That'll give you a temporary sugar high!

Happy reading :)

Care said...

I think I'm going to go put Castle Waiting on my tbr, THANKS!

jehara said...

i tried to get b to read with me today but he just looked at me like i was crazy. he likes to read but after an hour or so his eyes start hurting. he looks at me like i'm crazy a lot due to the sheer amount of uninterrupted time i will spend with a book.