Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-A-Thon April 2009

So the read-a-thon draws near. It begins in just over 12 hours at 2pm in the UK (I think anyway as we are in daylight savings time so GMT+1 - if I am wrong please let me know!) EDIT - The read-a-thon blog says start time is 1pm London time which isn't GMT but will start at 1pm just in case. The full details and sign ups for readers and cheerleaders etc are here. I have been really looking forward to this as I really enjoyed the last one which was my first. I was supposed to see my mother-in-law for dinner tomorrow but have rearranged it without telling her why and I have told my husband not to disturb me if possible. Ihave also told my mum not to call me during this time either!

I have a list of three books I definitely want to read during the 24 hours and a pile of possibles for after I finish. My three definites are:

  • The Indigo King - James A Owen (OUAT III Challenge)
  • The Good Fairies of New York - Martin Miller (Challenge with Nymeth & OUAT III Challenge)
  • Castle Waiting - Linda Medley (OUAT III Challenge)

After those we shall see. I haven't started my challenge with Nymeth yet or the OUAT III Challenge so this will be a great start.

5 comments:

Chris said...

I didn't know you were participating tomorrow Rhinoa! I'm so excited now!! Yay :D And you're going to love The Good Fairies of New York ;) It's fun.

N.Vasillis said...

Castle Waiting is a great read. I just read it last week. Good luck with the read-a-thon.

jehara said...

happy reading tomorrow! i will be right there with you. :)

Nymeth said...

The time zones are messed up, I know. Basically, I removed the GMTs because while they DID apply to some places, like London, they didn't do others and it was all a big confusion :P

Good luck!

Nymeth said...

PS: It does start at 1pm in London, though!