Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yes me and Alex are off on holiday tomorrow to Iceland for a long weekend. It's his birthday on 31th but this is more a holiday for me than him. I have been wanting to go for a little while now and am really looking forward to finally getting over there. Have my camera packed on top and lots of spare batteries so will hopefully get some good shots.

The picture above is from Valentines Day. We went to Orbital Manga in London where they had a special event where UK manga artists would draw you with your partner for £10. If you were single they would draw you with your favourite manga character. The above is me and Alex and I asked the girl very nicely to add our cats into the picture (I love that she drew Merlin chewing on Alex's hair!). I am away from home and can't find the artists website, but when I am home I will put up a link so you can see some more of her great work.

I can't tell you how much I love the picture and how great a day it was :)

14 comments:

Chris said...

Have a great time Rhinoa! That is such an awesome drawing!! I love it :D

jehara said...

i love your drawing!!!! that is so cool. have fun in iceland. :)

Nymeth said...

Dying of jealousy here!! Iceland is one of the places I want to visit the most! Have a wonderful time, and take lots of pictures :)

I loove the drawing :D It's awesome that the kitties got to be included.

Darla D said...

Oh, I love the picture! Have a fabulous time together, and I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get back. :-)

mariel said...

I love it! And especially merlin's chubby little face!

Have a great time in Iceland. Take lots of pics and don't let Alex eat any whale :)

Kailana said...

Awesome picture!

Have a great trip!

Kathrin said...

Enjoy the vacation! (And I like the pic :-) )

raidergirl3 said...

I'm like Nymeth, green over here with envy. How awesome! I've been reading the Icelandic mystery series by Indridason and just finished one last week, so it is fresh in my mind.

Have a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to see some photos.

Melody said...

I love the drawing! Very nicely-done!

I hope you and Alex have a great trip in Iceland! I'm so envious! Take lots of pics and don't forget to share them with us once you're back! :D

Lightheaded said...

Have fun Rhinoa! Well, I'm quite sure you will!

Lovely, lovely drawing indeed!

Ladytink_534 said...

Adorable pic! Have tons of fun!!!

Alice Teh said...

Love the pic!!! Have loads of fun in Iceland and can't wait to have you back!

Literary Feline said...

That sounds wonderful, Rhinoa! I hope you have a good time.

valentina said...

That picture is fab! I'd love one too!