Friday, March 13, 2009

I know I know...

Yes I know I am very behind on reviews and am not blogging as much lately, but challenges are just too damn addictive! I haven't been paying enough attention to one of my favourite blogs sadly. I only just noticed Nymeth is holding a mini challenge in March:

The Try Something New Mini-Challenge

During the month of March, you’ll be asked to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. It can be something Dewey-inspired, like a comic aka graphic novel, a YA novel, a book on feminism, etc. But it can be something else too: poetry, a short story collection, manga, non-fiction, a cookbook, a book on knitting or other crafts, a book on social issues, a play, a horror book, fantasy, sci-fi, a collection of fairy tales or a fairy tale retold…you decide. It’s not mandatory that you have never ever read a book of the kind you pick before…all I’m asking is that you pick something that is still mostly new territory for you.

You sign up and are given a partner depending on if you are an odd or even number. I am an odd number so I think I will be partnered up with the next person to sign up (go on you know you want to...). You then collaborate with your partner about what you are thinking of reading and maybe getting advice from them. You then do a wrap up post together to complete the challenge and possibly win prizes! Sounds fun :)

The Vampire Challenge

Hosted by Kathrin at Secret Dreamworld of a Bookaholic runs throughout 2009. It's an easy challenge for me as the goal is to read 2+ books with vampires in 2009, that's it. They can be from any genre; romance, YA, paranormal, mysteries - anything, as long as there's a or two (or more) vampires in it. I have lots of candidates and can't wait to get started.

Reviews will be up here.

6 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

Both sound like very good challenges but I'm trying so hard not to join any more until I can get some of these reviews I have backed up posted.

Kathrin said...

Enjoy the challenges, Rhinoa! Just one little thing - my name is Kathrin, not Kristina :-)

Rhinoa said...

Tink - I know, I am about 5/6 reviews behind too.

Kathrin - Sorry it's changed now oops!

Kathrin said...

No worries, Rhinoa! Not at all! I don't mind much, I just thought I'd mention it :-)

Alice Teh said...

Enjoy the challenges!

I think I'm struggling with the 999 Challenge and I haven't done anything for your Manga challenge! OMG... LOL!

Nymeth said...

yay! I'm so glad you joined. Hopefully we'll get another participant (I'm going to try bribery :P), but even if not, worry not. You won't be left all alone!