Monday, March 23, 2009

I am so excited that Carl is hosting this challenge again in 2009. There are a variety of different quests and journey's to suit everyone's reading needs. Full details are here.

I have chosen quest the First : Read at least 5 books that fit somewhere within the Once Upon a Time III criteria. They might all be fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or mythology…or your five books might be a combination from the four genres.

I am not going to put together a list but these are some of the books I hope to choose from unless I spot something else along the way:

The Young Merlin Trilogy - Jane Yolen
The King Arthur Trilogy - Rosemary Sutcliff
Ladies of the Lake - John & Caitlin Matthews
Deepak Chopra Presents India Authentic Volume 1
Scarlet - Stephen Lawhead
Isode Trilogy - Rosalind Miles
Fables - Bill Willingham
Leaping Beauty - Gregory Maguire
Troll Bridge - Jane Yolen & Adam Stemple
Angel - Cliff McNish
Betwixt - Tara Bray Smith
Making Money - Terry Pratchett
Firethorn - Sarah Micklem
Something by Charles de Lint
Something by Juliet Marillier
Something by Anne Bishop

9 comments:

Carl V. said...

Great to have you joining in again, Rhinoa! Thanks so much for your enthusiasm, I hope you get in some marvelous reads for this years challenge.

Nymeth said...

Hooray! You have some excellent reading ahead of you.

Cath said...

Some interesting stuff there, quite a lot of it new to me. Look forward to reading about them.

Darla D said...

Great list! Have you thought about which Charles de Lint to add? I just got a brand-new copy at the library of his latest book, The Mystery of Grace, and I'm so excited to read it. He would also be a great one for the short stories, if you have time to do them.

Robin said...

What a great list! There are lots on their I'd like to read...the TBR list is growing longer and longer!

mariel said...

Interesting list. I hope you like the Isolde series. Enjoy!

Alice Teh said...

Great list! Happy participating! :D

Kailana said...

Great list of books, Rhinoa!

Ladytink_534 said...

I've heard good things about most of these but I can personlly vouch for the Fables, they're awesome!