Sunday, February 15, 2009

Personal Update Part Two

Firstly thank you so much to everyone who left me a message on part one of this post. It really meant a lot to me, I can't even begin to say how much.

The good news is shortly after (I think a matter of days) I put up the post I was offered a job and accepted it. I handed in my notice and as I am due to start work with a competitor they severed my employment immediately and paid me for my proper notice period. This meant I had four weeks off being paid and generally doing nothing but read and play computer games. I did drag myself off my butt to visit Mariel which was lovely (I will try and get up again very soon). I was hoping to visit Nymeth, but realised I hadn't organsied anything for my new job so decided to postpone it when I can visit another time with my husband Alex.

My first day is tomorrow and I really excited and nervous all at the same time. I am going to be away visiting clinets up and down the UK in my first week and then am due to spend the second week in the offices in Scotland so may not be around too much for a little bit. Since I quit I haven't had a single panic attack and have not renewed my medication after the month's course ran out. I am hoping to put the incident behind me and move on. It has definitely damaged my confidence, but I am hoping that with some positive changes I can continue to rebuild it and move forwards. I have decided that I need to keep on top of my work/life balance more and am planning on taking more time for me and my own personal development. I will never again let a job, no matter how shitty, affect me in such a way again.

Onwards and upwards fingers crossed... :)

15 comments:

N.Vasillis said...

I'm glad you've found another job. Good luck!

Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats! Hope you have a great time at your new job!

Darla D said...

Oh, that is great news! I'm so glad to hear it. Please keep us posted about your new job - I hope you will be very happy and productive there! Hope your first day goes great (and all the rest, too, of course). :-)

Melody said...

I'm glad to hear things are getting better for you, Rhinoa! Congrats on your new job! :)

Marg said...

That is great news Rhinoa! Fingers and toes crossed that you love your new job.

Robin said...

I'm so glad to hear this news! Congratulations! What an awful experience to go through, but you've handled it well and I'm glad to hear you say that you won't let a job affect you in such a way again. Good for you! Best wishes!

jehara said...

i'm glad things worked out for you and you didn't have to stay. congratulations on finding a new job so quickly. i'm jealous you get to travel so much! :)

Kim L said...

Oh I am so glad you found something better. You deserve a place that doesn't stress you out like that. I hope this one goes much better!

Kailana said...

I am glad to hear you got another job! I hope everything went well on your first day!

I just finished the three books The Dreaming trilogy that you reviewed. I really liked them! They were totally not what I had planned to read for the manga challenge at all! I am done the challenge now, but I still plan to read more! And, tomorrow when I do a bad blogger post you will get three points. :)

Caroline said...

Oh, I'm so pleased for you! Hope everything went well yesterday and all the best for the future. *hug*

Nymeth said...

Congratulations on the new job! I'm very happy for you :D It's too bad you couldn't come visit, but we'll arrange something at some point in the future. I'd love to show you and Alex around :D

Alice Teh said...

Congratulations on the new job! This is so wonderful and I'm very glad to hear that things are going well for you. All the best to you!

mariel said...

Glad its going well, hope you get a chance to recover this weekend! Hope to see you back up here soon, so much more to show you! xx

valentina said...

I'm glad you stop having panic attacks, I know they are awful...I had a couple, years ago, and I felt like I was going to die!
good luck with your new job!

Susan said...

I'm so glad things are coming better for you now. What happened with your now old job was terrible. fingers and toes are crossed for sure for you from over here, and I am so very happy you found a new job so quickly. Blessings to you, Rhinoa! and I hope you can take some photos of Scotland while you are up there! we all have to live vicariously through you for now!