Saturday, February 21, 2009


Rating : 4.0/5
Number of Pages : 192
Series : #3 The Dreaming
Format : Manga
Reason for Reading : 999 Challenge, Manga Challenge alternative, to continue with the series

The conclusion to the sppoky series by Queenie Chan sees the drama unfold an all the different parts finally tie together. The full story of the school is revealed when Jeanie meets up with the missing Mrs Skeener. We also hear parts of the story from Amber as she relates her dream of Millie. The story adds fairy tale elements to spirits from Aboriginal folklore. We meet spirits from "The Dreaming", the Quinkan who steal the souls of sleeping children and can possess people.

I adored this series and loved the ending which was very creepy in keeping with the whole tone of the series. As always the artwork was stunning and I plan on photocopying some of the pages to colour in. Possibly my favourite manga series so far, I don't want to say too much more about it and risk spoiling too much of the plot. I will definitely be visiting Chan's website and seeing what else she has been working on. Japan meets Australis by someone from Hong Kong, highly recommended.

3 comments:

Kailana said...

I loved this trilogy! I am so glad that I went out and got it after reading your first review! I think it is my favourite manga so far too...

Bellezza said...

I've just finished the Manga Challenge by reading the first six volumes of GTO: Great Teacher Ozinga. Can I tell you how much I enjoyed them? I never thought I'd be a manga fan, but that just shows you what I know. There's always room for a new genre to appreciate in a true reader, right?

Nymeth said...

That's settled, then...I'm ordering the whole trilogy.