Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rating : 4.5/5
Number of Pages : 421
Series : #4 Camelot
Format : Fantasy Novel
Reason for Reading : Arthurian Challenge, to continue with the series

The final installment in the wonderful Camelot series by Sarah Zettel. This follows the final son of King Lot, Sir Agravain and the Lady Laurel of Carnbrea (introduced in Camelot's Sword, sister to Lynet). Agravain is the heir to the dying King Lot and Laurel is still trying to resist the pull of the sea and her mother's kin. Laurel decides the best thing to do is to marry and is offered Agravain. On arriving at Camelot no one seems to want to or be able to tell her much about her soon-to-be husband. He keeps to himself and is not loved by many. Laurel and Agravain find something in each other that pulls them towards each other surprisingly.

Agravain was initially interested in Laurel as he believes she can help defeat Morgaine and the Black Knight. He seeks advice from Merlin and finds the Black Knight is none other than Arthur's son with his half sister Morgaine, a secret known only to very few. On hearing Lot is dying he takes his new bride to Goddolin to battle. There they must work together to avoid Morgaine's magic and finish things once and for all. Laurel is told by Merlin she can bring Agravaine something only Guinevere was able to being Arthur that will save him in the coming battle.

I am so sad this series has come to an end. Like the others it is a wonderful blend of magic, mythology, romance and great story telling. I really liked Laurel when reading Camelot's Sword and I was excited to read more of her story. I will definitely be reading more by Zettel who has another series out. Highly recommended.

4 comments:

Kailana said...

I own this book and the first one. I really need to acquire the second one so I can get around to this trilogy! It sounds good. I have probably had the first book since it came out, actually.

Nymeth said...

Definitely sounds like a wonderful series!

Ladytink_534 said...

It does sound like a neat series, there you go adding to my TBR pile again lol. At least they've all been worth reading!!!

Shauna said...

I have read the first two books in the series and they're great. #3 is on its way to my house, and I was excited to find out that #4 is out. Does anyone know if it will be available in North America anytime soon? If not I'm going to have to get it from Ebay!