Monday, December 01, 2008


Runs between 1/1/08 - 31/12/08 hosted here originally with a dedicated blog here. The aim was to read books from the following categories:

1. A book with a color in its title.
2. A book with an animal in its title.
3. A book with a first name in its title.
4. A book with a place in its title.
5. A book with a weather event in its title.
6. A book with a plant in its title.

I chose and read the following:
6. The Onion Girl - Charles de Lint

It's again difficult to pick a favourite. I loved Salem Falls and The Onion Girl, but also really enjoyed Storm Front and Seeing Redd. My least favourite was probably Huck Finn because it took a while to get going. Once he left his home though it did get a lot better. I hope to join round two next year and have decided to just sign up for lots of challenges and not worry too much if I don't finish them all!

5 comments:

Alice Teh said...

Congratulations, Rhinoa! I'm very interested with the Charles de Lint title you included in the challenge.

I participated too and still have two more left before completion. Am currently reading Oregon Breeze and hopefully finish by tomorrow...

Melody said...

Congrats on completing the challenge, Rhinoa! I'm way too behind with this challenge, I don't think I'm able to complete it in time...oh well.

Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats! I really enjoyed Seeing Redd. I hope Beddor releases the third book soon!

Nymeth said...

lol, I likw your strategy :P

Jodie said...

Oh Salem Falls is fantastic - the best Jodie Piccoult I've read so far I think.