Tuesday, December 23, 2008


The challenge was to read at least 7 Mythopoeic Award winners between 1/1/08 - 31/12/08. See here and here for the choices. I picked the following:

1. Briar Rose - Jane Yolen
2. Anasi Boys - Neil Gaiman
3. A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett
4. Roverandom - JRR Tolkien
5. The Bartimaeus Trilogy (Amulet of Samarkand, The Golem's Eye, Ptolemy's Gate) - Jonathan Stroud
6. Fire and Hemlock - Diana Wynne Jones
7. Tam Lin - Pamela Dean

I enjoyed all of them, so much so that I hope to have my own personal challenge and read all of the winners and nominees at some point.

3 comments:

Nymeth said...

Congratulations on finishing! I'd love to join you in reading all the winners. I think Susan should have more to say about that after the holidays.

Alice Teh said...

Congratulations on finishing!

I'm currently trying very hard to finish the one and only challenge left for the year: 2008 TBR Challenge. Five more books to go...

Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats!