Thursday, December 04, 2008

A~Z Challenge Completed

This challenge was hosted by Joy from Thoughts of Joy with a seperate dedicated blog here. The idea was to work your way through the alphabet throughout 2008 for both authors and titles (with no overlaps eg American Gods by Neil Gaiman could be either author G or title A). I decided that I would chose books as I went along. I just completed my final book and below is a list of what I read:

Titles
A - Alias Grace
B - Broken
C - Complete Ballad of Halo Jones
D - (The) Doll's House
E - Eclipse
F - Fables 3: Storybook Love
G - (The) God of Small Things
H - (The) House at Riverton
I - Ironside
J - Jack of Fables v1
K - Kin
L - (The) Looking Glass Wars
M - Midnight's Children
N - New Moon
O - Oryx and Crake
P - Persepolis
Q - Quicksilver
R - Roverandom
S - Seeing Redd
T - Thud!
U - Uglies
V - Vampire Doll
W - Wildwood Dancing
X - (The) X Files: Skin Deep
Y - Y the Last Man v1
Z - Zel

Authors
A - Chinua Achebe
B - Patricia Briggs
C - Jung Chang
D - Roddy Doyle
E - Lynne Ewing
F - Gustave Flaubert
G - Kate Grenville
H - Seamus Heaney
I - India Ink
J - Brian Jacques
K - Franz Kafka
L - Lois Lowry
M - China Mieville
N - Audrey Niffenegger
O - Tsugumi Ohba
P - Philip Pullman
Q - Daniel Quinn
R - James Robertson
S - Zadie Smith
T - Mark Twain
U - Hiroki Ugawa
V - Serena Valentino
W - Diana Wynne-Jones
X - Xinran
Y - Jane Yolen
Z - Sarah Zettel

This was defintely a challenge, especially letters like Q (author),X (author) and X (title). Thanks to Joy for hosting.

9 comments:

3M said...

Congrats on a HUGE accomplishment!

Kailana said...

Congrats on finishing! There are some of those letters that I can't remember if I have ever read anything that would fit period... Probably have over the years, just didn't have to be anything fantastic, I guess. :)

Jaxon said...

Congrats! I think I'm only going to get through 39 of the 52 books. Close but not quite there.

Melody said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! :)

Alice Teh said...

Congratulations on the completion, Rhinoa!

Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats! I kind of would like to do this one next year.

Nymeth said...

yay, you made it! Congratulations.

DesLily said...

holy cow! Congratulations! I know I couldn't have done all that!!

Joy said...

HOORAY for you! This was definitely a huge challenge and I'm so happy that you completed it. Thanks for participating with us.