Sunday, November 30, 2008

Series II Challenge

Details here hosted by Crazy Cosy Murders. Challenge ran from 1/6/08 to 30/11/08. I love reading series so was happy to sign up for the second round of this challenge. The books i picked and read were:

1. Enna Burning - Shannon Hale (Goose Girl Series)
2. River Secrets - Shannon Hale (Goose Girl Series)
3. Tangled Webs - Anne Bishop (Black Jewels Series)
4. Wintersmith - Terry Pratchett (Tiffany Aching Series)
5. Lyra's Oxford - Philip Pullman (His Dark Materials)
6. nce Upon a Time in the North - Philip Pullman (His Dark Materials)
7. The Novice - Trudi Canavan (Black Magician Trilogy)
8. The High Lord - Trudi Canavan (Black Magician Trilogy)

I think my favourites were River Secrets and Tangled Webs. I love the Goose Girl series by Shannon Hale and I look forward to the fourth in the series coming out soon. I also love Anne Bishop's Black Jewels series and again am looking forward to the next in the series. My least favourite was easily The Novice by Trudi Canavan. It was such a filler book. It was very long and unnecessary.

Read the following books larger than 450 pages between 7/1/08 - 20/12/08. There is a review site here. Below are the books I picked and read:

1. The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood
2. Perdido Street Station - China Mieville
3. High Lord - Trudi Canavan (substituted for The Brothers Karamazov)
4. Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides

Of my chunkster reads I loved The Blind Assassin and Middlesex most of all. I haven't yet read an Atwood book I haven't fallen in love with and Middlesex was a great introduction to Eugenides who I hope to read more of in the future.

2 comments:

Nymeth said...

Congratulations on finishing! You read excellent books for both challenges. I'm going to start The Blind Assassin soon and the size is really intimidating, so it's good to hear you say again how good it is. And yes, do read The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. I'm sure you'll love it too. Unfortunately those are the only two novels he's published so far...how I wish he were more prolific.

Alice Teh said...

Congratulations on the completion!

I have the Perdido Street Station in my TBR... It's a chunkster...