Sunday, November 02, 2008

RIP III Challenge Wrap Up


The RIP II Challenge was hosted again by Carl V at Stainless Steel Droppings. It ran between 1/9/08 - 31/10/08 with a dedicated review site here. There were a number of Perils to choose from and I picked Peril the Second. My goal was to read at least 2 books from Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror or Supernatural subgenres. I ended up reading 6 books in total during the time period:

1. Nightmares and Fairy Tales v3: 1140 Rue Royale - Serena Valentino
6. The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman

Again this was another great challenge, I loved last years and am hoping there is an RIP IV next year... My favourites were either Tamsin or The Graveyard Book, but there were none that I read that I did not enjoy. I can definitely recommend all six to all.

7 comments:

DesLily said...

congrats on finishing RIP.. though there was no doubt you would!

I just love that everyone always reads MORE than expected!!

Nymeth said...

Congrats on finishing! On a side note, I love how the RIP icon looks with your blog's black background.

Andi said...

Great job finishing up the challenge! Great list of books.

Alice Teh said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! I finished mine too but haven't updated on my blog. I chose 4 books, completed 3, did not finish 1 but replaced with 2 more. So I read 5! :D

Melody said...

Congrats on completing the challenge, Rhinoa! :) I missed this time around but I'm hoping I'm able to do it next round...

tanabata said...

Congrats on finishing, and then some! I'm really looking forward to reading The Graveyard Book.

Kim L said...

Congrats on all of the books you finished! The Graveyard Book was probably my fav too.