Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Hosted be Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf, the aim was to read at least 6 books that have either won the Man Booker prize or have been short or longlisted for it between 1/1/08 - 31/12/08. My list with links to the reviews was:

1. The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood
2. The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy
3. Paddy Clark Ha Ha Ha - Roddy Doyle
4. Midnights Children - Salman Rushdie
5. On Beauty - Zadie Smith
6. The Testament of Gideon Mack - James Robertson
7. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
8. Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood

This was a wonderful challenge, but I am not sure I am "man" enough to do the Complete Booker challenge, we shall see in the future. I enjoyed most of the books on the list with my least favourite being The God of Small Things. I am really glad I read Midnight's Children for the challenge, as it has been awarded the Booker of Bookers prize.

3 comments:

Melody said...

Once again, congrats on completing the challenge, Rhinoa! I feel so way behind with mine... not that I participated in this challenge. I'm hoping to read more Atwood's books in the near future since I enjoyed reading The Handmaid Tale.

Alice Teh said...

Yay you, Rhinoa! I think you're already "man" enough for having completed this one. LOL.

I keep procrastinating on getting Midnight's Children. I think I ought to 'just do it'

Nymeth said...

Congratulations on finishing! I'm a bit behind on this challenge, but there's time to catch up still.