Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Me and Nymeth at Things Mean a Lot had our own mini reading challenge in 2008. We had noticed that we shared similar taste in reading so we each picked 5 of our favourite books for the other to read throughout the year. The 5 that Nymeth put forward for me with links to my reviews were:

1. Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
2. Eleanor Rigby - Douglas Coupland
3. Fire and Hemlock - Diana Wynne Jones
4. Big Fish - Daniel Wallace
5. Death: The High Cost of Living - Neil Gaiman

I really enjoyed all of the books Nymeth suggested and I can't wait to do it again next year. I really loved Middlesex and Eleanor Rigby which I think were my favourite two, and I hope to read more by all five authors in the future.

The 5 I put forward with links to Nymeth's reviews were:

The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop
Waifs and Strays by Charles de Lint
The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillippa Gregory
Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
Lolita by Vladimir Nabakov

8 comments:

3M said...

That sounds like a fun idea!

Kailana said...

Your challenge was a good idea. Since I have read books off both lists, I tend to have the same reading interests as you two. :) It was fun to see what each of you thought of everything.

Alice Teh said...

This is really great. Congratulations on the completion! :D

Debi said...

Congrats on finishing! As I've told Nymeth before, I've always thought your challenge was such a cool idea! Can't wait to see what's on your lists for each other next year!

tanabata said...

This was such a fun idea! I'm looking forward to seeing what you both choose for next year. :)

Melody said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! I thought the idea of this challenge is great (not to mention fun)!

Nymeth said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed them all! I'm look forward to doing it again next year too :)

Robin said...

Great idea! I've enjoyed both yours and Nymeth's reviews for this challenge, and can't wait to see what you two choose for next year!