Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-A-Thon



So the Read-A-Thon hosted by Dewey (details here) starts at 1pm UK time (GMT +1) which is just over an hour away. I am really excited to get started and have been looking forward to it for the last month. I have my reading list sorted along with back-up books for if I run out or get bored:

Definite Reads:

  • Finish Here, There be Dragons - James A Owen (~140 pages to go)
  • Read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain (281 pages of tiny type)
  • Read Gloom Cookie v1 - Serena Valentino (240 page graphic novel)
  • Read Gloom Cookie v2 - Serena Valentino (224 page graphic novel)

Extra/Alternative Reads:

  • Dark Wraith of Shannara - Terry Brooks (208 page manga)
  • Dark Prince - Christine Feehan (308 pages Urban Fantasy)
  • Stardust - Neil Gaiman (224 pages Fantasy)
  • The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman (323 page ebook)

I can also read more sections of The Divine Comedy by Dante if I need a poetry fix!

I have tried to pick shorted reads so I feel like I am getting somewhere and am not likely to loose focus. I am hoping to stay awake for the whole 24 hours but as Mariel is visiting tomorrow at 1pm I may need to sleep for a little bit at some point. I haven't done one before so not sure how the process works so bear with me andI will try and check in most hours.

6 comments:

margotreehugger said...

Good luck Katie. I could never do that I love my sleep too much.

Nymeth said...

It's perfectly okay to have some sleep if you need it! And you are a brave woman to try Huckleberry Finn :P I enjoyed that book, but it was so slow-going. Gloom Cookie and the two Neils are great choices! Have a great time :D

tanabata said...

Good luck! :)

Andi said...

Have fun! Looking forward to your reading updates during my own breaks!

jehara said...

happy reading today! :)

Caroline said...

Oh, to have even one uninterrupted hour to read in...:P Have fun...maybe I'll join you when the baby's grown up! :D