Saturday, October 18, 2008



At the end of the third hour I have finished the wonderful Here, There bye Dragons by James A Owen which was brilliant. It was the perfect book and seemed written just for me. It had lots of Tolkien, CS Lewis, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland and Sherlock Holmes references plus many more from my favourite books and a number of excellent cameos. I will put up a proper review next week. It was my final pick for the Inklings Challenge which I will also wrap up next week.

I am currently 41 pages into The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain and it already feels like one of those books that no matter how long I spend reading it I am not getting anywhere. I did hae a sneaky nap for 30 mins in hour two which is rubbish as it was around 2:30pm!

3 comments:

jehara said...

i'm looking forward to your review! good luck with huck finn. :)

Nymeth said...

"it already feels like one of those books that no matter how long I spend reading it I am not getting anywhere"

Yes, it's one of those...pick up Stardust instead :P

jehara said...

ooh, stardust, that one is really good!